Michigan has several great roads that are ideal for driving enthusiasts, with beautiful scenery, winding curves, and stunning vistas. Some of the best roads for driving in Michigan include:
- M-119: Also known as the “Tunnel of Trees,” this 20-mile stretch of road runs along the Lake Michigan shoreline and is surrounded by dense forest and stunning views of the water.
- M-22: This 116-mile scenic highway runs along the shore of Lake Michigan’s Sleeping Bear Dunes and offers breathtaking views of the water and the sand dunes.
- H-58: This 34-mile stretch of road runs along the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore and offers stunning views of the rugged shoreline, sandstone cliffs, and beautiful forested areas.
- M-25: Also known as the “Thumb Coast,” this 147-mile scenic route runs along the eastern shore of Michigan’s thumb region and offers breathtaking views of Lake Huron and quaint coastal towns.
- US-2: This 80-mile stretch of road runs along the Upper Peninsula and offers beautiful views of Lake Michigan and Lake Superior, with many scenic overlooks and recreational opportunities.
These are just a few examples of some of the best roads for driving in Michigan, and there are many more beautiful routes throughout the state to discover.